Welcome to the City of Marble Hill, Missouri
Historical Information of Marble Hill, Missouri
How To Advertise
Chamber of Commerce
1842 - The city of New California was established.
1869 - Lutesville was laid out by Eli Lutes, who gave 10 acres for railroad to win the depot location as a shipping & trading point.
1880 - Will Mayfield College moved to Marble Hill from Smithville.
1893 - Wicecarver's Store built across from the Courthouse. Steps in front were formly used for mounting horses and carriages.
1905 - Mineral Well dug on the courthouse square 1904-1905 and was used until 1947-1948.
1932 - Last Passenger Line of the Belmont Branch of the St. Louis & Iron Mountain Railroad
1953 - August - Artesian well discovered approxmately 1800 feet deep while drilling for oil in the area.
1973 - April - St. Louis & Iron Mountain Railroad ceased operations through Lutesville.
1973 - August - Voters approved for a Twin City Airport.
1985 - May - The Cities of Lutesville and Marble Hill merged as one city.
2005 - March - This website was created for educational and tourism purposes.
Our information was provided by the Bollinger County Archives Organization.
Copyright ©2011 - City of Marble Hill, Missouri